15 September, 2010
Here's another 100 things exercise, heads this time. Most of them really bad attempts some not so bad. The important thing learned tons of thing, thing's that I do wrong and many I need to improve or concentrate more on. Here's a list of some.
- Increase format, tiny moleskin is nice quick and comfortable, but the lack of "resolution" messes your proportions and often the sense of scale. Makes you miss things.
- Pay more attention to perspective in faces, try and exaggerate it when needed. Yes it's there especially when the viewer is very close to the subject.
- Pay more attention to subtleties and detail, something the larger format allows.
- Fill in my visual dictionary with greater variety of expressions, not only extremes, but ones expressing more subtle feelings too.
- Do more studies from life and reference. Those are never enough. And are especially useful after s loon series you've tried to pull out of your head.
- There's maybe more.
note: some heads might be missing, because done on separate sheets or SBs if I manage to track those down and scan them I'll add them here
05 July, 2010
05 June, 2010
Ok I did the 100 gun, mostly really crap. One thing I learned is that for a sketch to be useful and to evaluate an idea it needs some quality. So next time will try to improve on that. And I picked one of the guns I liked and rendered, probably will do with another one if I have time (I am moving).
Posted by classact at 4:01 AM
19 May, 2010
Still some elements that i could have used a straight line here and there (buldings :)). The depth is better than before but I am not quite happy yet. I guess doing it in high key helped a bit to get realism/depth. Main problem is how the sea disapears and probably the lack of effort on the right side of the picture. Oh and the bridge could be not so chunky, that would look more realistic. and maybe the sun as way too big... oh well clouds look a bit big as well ¬¬...
Posted by classact at 3:24 AM
18 May, 2010
Just to not saturate, still planning diferent ways to achieve depth easily on the city in bright light backgrounds... thinking.. thinking... maybe next time will do with out depth and add that later with the photoshop filters this time.
Posted by classact at 3:59 AM